Waseem Qadir is a Pakistani politician who recently won the 2024 Pakistani general election from NA-121 Lahore-V as an independent candidate. He received 78,703 votes, defeating Sheikh Rohail Asghar of the Pakistan Muslim League (N) (PML (N)), who received 70,597 votes.
Waseem Qadir has had a diverse political career. Before joining the PTI (Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf), he served as a PML-N (Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz) MPA from Lahore and as the deputy mayor of Ravi Town.
He had been affiliated with the PML-N for 11 years before joining the PTI in December 2018. It is worth noting that the PTI was not Waseem Qadir’s second party, as he was previously associated with the PPP (Pakistan Peoples Party).
Waseem Qadir: Profile & Wikipedia
|11 November 1963
|5 Feet 8 Inch
|$600k – $900k (Approx.)
Waseem Qadir Career Journey:
- Waseem Qadir is a Pakistani politician who was a member of PTI (Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf) before joining PML-N (Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz) after winning the elections in 2024 as an independent member.
- He won the election from NA-121 Lahore as an independent candidate, defeating Sheikh Rohail Asghar of PML-N.
- Waseem Qadir has a background in business and has spent 20 years of his life in Norway.
- His father, Chaudhary Ghulam Qadir, was a member of PPP (Pakistan Peoples Party).
- Waseem Qadir joined PTI in 2018 after being a member of PML-N. However, after winning the election, he joined PML-N.
- He faced criticism for leaving PTI, as he had mentioned Imran Khan as his leader in his pre-election speeches.
- Waseem Qadir’s recent move to join PML-N after winning as a PTI-backed independent candidate has been seen as a setback for PTI, as PML-N and PPP have expressed their intention to seek the support of independent candidates to form the government.
- He has been elected as a member of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab in the general elections of 2008.
Frequently Asked Question
Why did Waseem Qadir switch from PTI to PML-N?
Factors such as political rivalry, ideological alignment, personal connections, and the political climate may have influenced his decision.
How old is Waseem Qadir?
Waseem Qadir is 16 years old. He was born on November 11, 1963.
Is Waseem Qadir married?
Yes, Waseem Qadir is married and has a son and daughter.
What is Waseem Qadir’s educational background?
Waseem Qadir graduated from the University of the Punjab, Lahore in 1989.